Bethany L. Caracuzzo, a partner at Pritzker Levine LLP, has more than twenty years of experience litigating federal and state antitrust violations, defective products and services, employment law disputes and catastrophic injury actions.
Bethany has been active in the firm’s prosecution of antirust class actions, including Al’s Discount Plumbing LLC v. Viega LLC (representing plumbers alleging that a plumbing fitting manufacturer uses its monopoly power to undermine competitors in the market for copper pipe press fittings); In re Packaged Seafood Products Antitrust Litigation (representing end-payor plaintiffs in a multi-district class action alleging price fixing by producers of packaged seafood products); Corcoran v. CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (representing consumers in a class action alleging that CVS wrongfully overcharges consumers who are insured and have third-party prescription drug coverage for commonly prescribed generic prescription drugs); In Re Transpacific Air Transportation Antitrust Litigation (representing consumers in a multi-district class action alleging fuel surcharge price-fixing by airlines in the transpacific passenger airline market); In re Domestic Drywall Antitrust Litigation (representing nonprofit housing development entities and indirect purchasers in a multi-district class action alleging price fixing by U.S. drywall manufacturers); and Il Fornaio (America) Corporation v. Lazzari Fuel Company, LLC (representing restaurant-consumers alleging price-fixing by distributors of mesquite lump charcoal used in cooking and preparing food). She was also a key contributor to the firm’s settlement of consumer class action litigation involving the Brazilian Blowout line of hair smoothing products.
Bethany, along with partner Jonathan Levine, successfully tried to a jury verdict a breach of contract action involving a Silicon Valley start-up. She has also served as a member of several trial teams in litigating cases to verdict, including those involving wrongful death, traumatic birth injuries and injuries from defective products.
Prior to joining Pritzker Levine, Bethany spent twelve years representing injured victims and employees at two well-known San Francisco Bay Area law firms. She has litigated and obtained favorable settlements in personal injury cases involving medical malpractice, dangerous drugs, defective products, dangerous property conditions, motor vehicle accidents and professional malpractice.
- California Western School of Law, J.D.
- Boston College, B.A., cum laude
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central, Southern and Eastern Districts of California
- The Sedona Conference Working Group 1
- Northern California “Super Lawyer”
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Author, “Where Do We Go From Here: Article III Standing and Cy Pres-Only Settlements in Privacy Class Actions in the Wake of Frank v. Gaos,” Competition – The Journal of the Antitrust, UCL and Privacy Section of the California Lawyers Association (Spring 2019)
- Lecturer, “Opposing Motions for Summary Judgment,” San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association