John A. Kehoe is of counsel to Pritzker Levine LLP. John is based in the firm’s New York office, where he works with clients to elicit changes to enhance corporate governance, promote management responsibility, protect stockholder rights and recover financial losses as a result of wrongful misconduct. He has assisted the firm in the prosecution of complex litigation matters, including Al’s Discount Plumbing LLC v. Viega LLC (representing plumbers alleging that a plumbing fitting manufacturer uses its monopoly power to undermine competitors in the market for copper pipe press fittings); In re Lenovo Adware Litigation (representing consumers in a multi-district class action Lenovo and Superfish for damages arising from the surreptitious installation of a Superfish spyware program by Lenovo on certain notebook computers); and In re Disposable Contact Lens Antitrust Litigation (representing plaintiffs in a nationwide class action against contact lens manufacturers alleging that the manufacturers colluded to maintain the retail prices of contact lenses).
During more than 20 years in practice, John has prosecuted precedent-setting securities and financial fraud cases in federal and state courts on behalf of numerous institutional and individual clients. He is the founding partner of The Kehoe Law Firm, and was formerly a partner with Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check, LLP for six years, a partner with Girard Gibbs LLP for two years, and was previously associated with Clifford Chance LLP, a London-based global law firm, where he defended Fortune 500 companies in complex securities and antitrust civil litigation and against enforcement actions brought by the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission.
John is a program faculty member with the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, and was previously an adjunct faculty member with the Trial Advocacy Training Program at the Louisiana State University School of Law. Prior to attending law school, John served as a law enforcement officer in the State of Vermont for eight years, where he was a member of the tactical Special Reaction Team and member of the Major Accident Investigation Team.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Vermont, M.A. Pub. Admin.
- DePaul University, B.A.
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Speaker, 2013 National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems (Rancho Mirage, CA)
- Speaker, 2013 Investment Education Symposium (New Orleans, LA)
- Speaker, 2013 Public Funds East Conference (Newport, RI)
- Speaker, 2012 Rights and Responsibilities for Institutional Investors (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Speaker, 2011 European Investment Roundtable (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Speaker, 2011 Public Funds Symposium (Washington, D.C.)
- Speaker, 2011 National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems (Miami Beach, FL)
- Speaker, 2010 ESG, USA Global Trends and U.S. Sustainable Investing (NY, NY)
- Speaker, 2010 ICGN Annual Conference: “The Changing Global Balances” (Toronto, Canada)
- Speaker, 2010 Public Funds West Summit (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Speaker, 2009 ICGN Annual Conference: “The Route Map to Reform and Recovery” (Sydney, Australia)
- Speaker, 2007 European Pensions Symposium (Marbella, Spain)